Margaret O’Quinn is the director of Playzone. Andrea Jovichevich is a caregiver. Both of our loving, qualified staff have their Early Childhood Education, Police Check and are first aid and C.P.R. trained.
Our room, which has recently been renovated, is bright, clean and child friendly. We have lots of space to play as well as an area to nap and a washroom for those trained and those learning. Diapers and wipes are supplied by parents for those still in need. Playzone is a meat and a peanut free room. We ask parents to remember this as they supply snacks and/or lunch for their child. The room is equipped with a fridge and a microwave, which allows staff to make eating times more enjoyable for the children. Throughout the day children enjoy free play, crafts, stories, social time and friendship. Individual schedules are followed as close as the children allow. We have a new little yard so we can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.
Hours of Operation
These times are exact and we ask parents to not be late for their booked time. Children are booked at all times during the day and we try to accommodate as many as possible. It is important to be on time for your drop off and pick up.
Blocks of hours, referred to as “cards”, are purchased at the front desk. Bookings are also done at the front desk and must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Charges to cards will include the full booking even if you are late arriving, and failure to call and cancel will result in a full booking charge. If you arrive late, there is no guarantee that you will be able to stay later than your pre booked time, as space may be full.
Parents use Playzone many different ways. Some use the service the same time every week. Some the same time everyday and some only occasionally. Often we are used in conjunction with other programs running at the Centre. Children will go to one of the 2 preschools and then to Playzone so they can go to Noah’s Ark for the afternoon classes. Some come while another sibling is in Kindermusik. Information about any of these programs can be obtained at the Front Desk. Other times, parents who don’t have someone to watch their children, use us when they have an appointment, take a class, go to the gym, and do Pilates etc. Sometimes parents just need a break and want to meet a friend for coffee. Playzone is open year round. We close for all statutory holidays and Jewish holidays, so parents are supplied with a list of yearly closures so they can prepare in advance.
Rates & Information
Please be advised that the fees for childcare at the London Jewish Community Centre's PLAYZONE are as follows:
|6 hour card||$ 40.00|
|12 hour card||$ 70.00|
|25 hour card||$ 135.00|
|50 hour card||$ 260.00|
1. The service may only be paid for with babysitting cards. These are available in several denominations for your convenience and may be purchased at the front office.
2. PLAYZONE’S hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Thursday and 8:30 - 3:00 on Friday. (Hours may vary depending on the number of children booked)
3. Bookings must be made 24 hours in advance by calling the JCC office at 673-3310. Please do not leave babysitting bookings on the answering machine.
4. Failure to cancel bookings for non-medical reasons will result in an additional charge of 3 hours to the user's babysitting card.
5. If you provide snacks or lunches for your children, please ensure they contain no meat, meat products or peanut products (dairy or vegetarian only).
6. Please make sure emergency information is up to date, i.e. address, phone #’s etc.
For More information or to book a space call our office staff at 519-673-3310. Come in and check us out. You will be glad you did!