Welcome to the Playzone
We provide flexible childcare hours on an as needed basis. Our room is bright, clean and child friendly. We have lots of space to play as well as an area to nap and a washroom for those trained and those learning. Throughout the day children enjoy free play, crafts, stories, social time and friendship. Individual schedules are followed as close as the children allow. We have a new little yard so we can enjoy the fresh air and sunshine, weather permitting.
Margaret O’Quinn is the director of Playzone. Andrea Jovichevich is a caregiver. Both of our loving, qualified staff are registered Early Childhood Educators. They have their Police Check and are first aid and C.P.R. trained.
Monday – Thursday: 8:30-4:30
Friday: 8:30 – 3:00
These times are exact and we ask parents to not be late for their booked time. Children are booked at all times during the day and we try to accommodate as many as possible. It is important to be on time for your drop off and pick up.
Children who attend our 2 preschools often come to Playzone before or after class to offer them some free play time. Kindermusik parents often use are service for a sibling while attending a class with another child. Information about these programs can be obtained on this page under the section “For Kids”. Parents also use our services when they have an appointment, take a class, go to the gym etc. Sometimes parents just need a break and want to meet a friend for coffee. Playzone is open year round. We close for all statutory holidays and Jewish holidays. Please see our closures page.
Blocks of hours, referred to as “cards”, are purchased at the front desk. Bookings are done by calling the JCC at (519) 673-3310 or at the front desk and are based on availability. Space is limited so call early to ensure a spot. Charges to cards will include the full booking even if you are late arriving, and failure to call and cancel will result in a full booking charge. If you arrive late, there is no guarantee that you will be able to stay later than your pre booked time, as space may be full. Registration forms and complete medical forms are available on line by email or at the Jewish Community Centre.
- 6 hour card – $50.00 ($8.34/hr)
- 12 hour card – $90.00 ($7.50/hr)
- 25 hour card – $170.00 ($6.80/hr)
- 50 hour card – $320.00 ($6.40/hr)
For More information or to book a space call us at (519) 673-3310. Come in and check us out. You will be glad you did!
- Diapers and wipes are supplied by parents for those still in need.
- Playzone is a meat and a peanut free room. We ask parents to remember this as they supply snacks and/or lunch for their child.
- The room is equipped with a fridge and a microwave, which allows staff to make eating times more enjoyable for the children.
- Playzone hours are offered on a pre-paid basis only.
- Availability is dependent on the number of children in attendance.
- Bookings must be made in advance by calling the JCC office at (519) 673-3310. Please do not leave babysitting bookings on the answering machine.